Job Title: China Sourcing Manager (UK Based-Remote Work Available)
Salary: £35,000.00 to £42,000.00 /year
Mobile Fun is the UK's leading e-commerce retailer for mobile device accessories, offering a comprehensive range of accessories for the latest mobile devices, including some great own-brand products in our Olixar and LoveCases product ranges. We have a portfolio of online channels, including country-specific Mobile Fun websites, online marketplaces and niche brands.
We've been going strong for 20 years, we're based in Birmingham and we have around 50 employees, with some based overseas and some working remotely. We're an ambitious and motivated team and we're proud to be beating the competition to thrive as the world's best online retailer for mobile device accessories.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sourcing Manager to manage the China Sourcing team based in the UK and in China, through team meetings, individual 121s and online collaboration. You will also visit our China office once or twice a year, attending trade fairs, meeting suppliers and visiting wholesale markets.
- Managing China stock replenishment for large product ranges utilising multiple sources of data.
- Developing procurement forecasts covering short and long term requirements, incorporating lead times, run rates, compliance testing times and other factors.
- Delivering performance through product and freight cost reduction, lead time improvements and effective prioritisation of inbound deliveries.
- Authorisation of supplier payments, conducting sanity/anti-fraud checks, and ensuring work accuracy.
- Coordinating and managing the product sourcing ideas pipeline, gathering and organising ideas from customers and colleagues, whilst managing wider business priorities and market trends.
- Managing sourcing of existing product lines for new devices, delivering to tight deadlines and dealing with QC issues.
- Plan and iteratively develop packaging and user manuals for own-brand products, working with the Products and Marketing teams Coordinating negotiations with suppliers on commercial terms.
- Product Compliance and Quality management through obtaining and analysing qualitative and quantitative product feedback.
- Maintaining compliance knowledge base by researching and reviewing compliance standards in order to evaluate test compliance documentation to and manage internal compliance procedures.
- Managing the China Sourcing team based in the UK and in China, through team meetings, individual 121s and online collaboration.
- You will be an experienced Sourcing Manager who demonstrates essential China sourcing experience and strong commercial contract negotiation skills
- Must be effective at online collaboration using project collaboration tools, Google docs/sheets, etc.
- Excel - able to use formulas/VLOOKUP/etc. and large scale data analysis.
- Able to understand and interpret technical product specifications.
- Strong project management skills / continuous improvement methods such as Lean, etc.
- Mandarin language skills are desirable.
- Using online sourcing platforms: Alibaba, Global Sources, etc.
- Working as part of a distributed/remote team.
- Educated to degree level.
- Awareness of UK/EU regulations applicable to import of consumer goods.
- An understanding of Far East sourcing terminology, e.g FOB, LoC, Air freight.
- Understands retail customer needs and consumer buying preferences.
- A team player who is adaptable / open to change.
- Commercial oriented with demonstrable evidence of results in career to date.
- Understands basic electrical terminology: Volts/Amps/Watts/etc.
- This role is eligible for working from home. Our hybrid work arrangements mean you would be expected to be office-based for 2-3 days per week.
- Up to 25 days annual holiday plus bank holiday.
- Access to online learning platforms.
- Pension scheme matched to 6%.
- Discount on our products and free review samples.
- Working alongside colleagues who value trust and teamwork.
If you think you are up for the challenge please click to Apply. For any queries, you can get in touch with HR on 01212859627.