HonorBuilt is looking for an individual to fill the position of Cabling Technician. The position performs a range of cabling jobs in a restaurant or retail environment.
In this job you will do cabling jobs inside our client’s restaurants. We service a lot of large fast-food chains. You will fly or drive each week to the job site for the week. You show up at the restaurant as it is closing for the night and your install is performed while it is closed. Depending on the brand you may leave when it is done or you may stay until they open for breakfast to make sure everything functions. You’ll sleep at the hotel during the day and then do another install the next night. A typical week you might leave out on a Sunday or a Monday and return on a Thursday or Friday. We provide you a company credit card to cover your expenses and our internal travel agent books all of the travel and rental cars ahead of time for you. We offer health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, and 401K contribution. In cases where you would drive to a job, we would provide mileage reimbursement.
Our corporate office is located in Atlanta, GA; but, this job is not located in Atlanta, it is a remote position. This job will travel every week and eligible candidates just need to live within 1 hour of a major airport.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Read and comprehend blue prints/floor plans. Should have a basic understanding of Blue Print Reading and interpretation.
- Install, terminate and test cat5, cat6, fiber optic cable, 25 pair, RJ45 mod plugs
- Install, Terminate and test data jacks, face plates, RJ45 mod plugs etc, fiber optic connectors
- Terminate 66 block
- Install support structures, including cable racks, j-hooks, inner duct, and other related structures.
- Data closet build out. Data racks, ladder rack, back boards.
- Provide System Testing and documentation.
- Test and troubleshoot issues with network communication
- Repair and resolve cable issues
- Configure, maintain, and fix issues of the data network.
- Conduct thorough inspections of cable lines to ensure the system is working correctly
- Able to work at tall heights and lift 50+ pounds
Qualifications and desired traits
- Comfortable speaking with customers in a construction environment as well as a professional setting
- Must be able to climb ladders, stand for long periods of time, lift an excess of 50lbs
- Experience leading a small crew of techs (lead techs only)
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Honesty and integrity
- Professional appearance
- Valid Driver's License
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to pass Criminal Background Checks
- Ability to pass pre-hire drug testing and on-going random drug testing
- Must have experience working with basic hand tools and drills
- Ability to walk distances up to a half mile
- Ability to work while standing on concrete surface continuously 8-10 hours – Frequently
- Ability to work while bending, squatting and kneeling - Frequently
- Ability to work while extending your arms/hands overhead - Frequently
- Ability to sit in automobile, train or airplane for extended period of time - Frequently
- Use of small electric, cordless and hand tools - Frequently
- Climbing and work on ladders up to 12 feet – Frequently
- Lifting objects up to 100 lbs - Occasionally