Who We Are
As a Best Managed Company, we are honoured to be named one of London’s Best Places to Work. Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated organization that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we grow through collaboration, innovation, and open communication. At Sifton, we build outstanding communities where people live, work and play, and we live our values to the fullest.
We would love for you to join our team!
About the Role
- The Business Services Manager is responsible for the administrative functions of the Residence including payroll, resident accounts and tracking related data. The Business Services Manager oversees the reception team ensuring an exceptional customer experience for residents and visitors.
- Prepares and manages the Department and Capital budgets according to the Residence’s policies and procedures as well actively participates in employee relations and contributes to recruitment of department team members and management of employees within the residence.
- Manages in accordance with all industry and regulatory compliance agencies, the Ontario Retirement Communities Association, The Retirement Homes Act 2010 and O. Reg 166/1, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Fire Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and other pertinent legislated regulations/ standards.
- Understands and interprets Corporate and Residence policies, procedures and practices and communicates these to the appropriate personnel.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience performing accounting and administrative functions, preferably within a healthcare or Retirement Residence setting.
- Advanced proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in order to effectively communicate electronically. Willingness to learn multiple computer applications related to Finance, Operations, Recognition, Recruitment and Customer Relations.
- Previous experience in positive Labour Relations to build strong relationships with all employees.
- Knowledge of the Employment Standards Act and other pertinent legislation, which apply to the operation of the Business Office.
- Knowledge of relevant government legislation and standards. • Self-directed and team-oriented, with strong organization and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstration of leadership and coaching skills. Experience in recruitment, policy implementation, and health and safety standards.
- Must successfully complete a Police Records Check and disclose any convictions, charges, restraining orders, probation orders and/or warrants during the course of employment that affect in any way the clear Police Records Check.
- Must provide documentation to support a Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) or Medical Note from Physician stating free from infectious disease.
What We Can Offer You
- We’ll set you up for success by providing in-depth training with your team and mentors, working in partnership with our leadership team.
- You’ll enjoy special events, celebrations, and unique perks, specific to your role and work environment, that reinforce our commitment to creating a wonderful employee experience.
- Our unique rewards and recognition programs are designed to celebrate you, your contributions and promote your success.
- Our Employee Assistance Program is available for your everyday needs.
At Sifton Properties Limited, we are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Further, your well-being and safety are important to us. We prioritize work-life balance and offer strong health and safety programs, including required COVID vaccination for all roles, to support our employees, families, and the larger communities we serve.Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.