Cash is old school. Out-of-pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun. The Pleo product ends out of pocket spending and gets rid of the outdated manual expensing process. The best part is when you join us you become a user of Pleo too!
Pleo is looking for a Business Development Associate (BDA) to join our sales and support hub in Lisbon, while supporting customers in Spain! 🇪🇸
The BDA team is expected to be the front line for sales and support at Pleo, supporting all areas and segments of the Go-To-Market (GTM) business. This role is a hybrid role, primarily focusing on assisting customers with basic sales and support queries, while also taking ownership of the sales target for our <10 customer segment via a product led sales motion. Additionally, this role will help to triage all inbound communication to Pleo and route it to the correct team for response and resolution
What you’ll do:
- Receive, qualify, and triage all inbound communication from all communication channels; email, Intercom (web chat), and/or other performance marketing channels.
- Provide tier one support to customer queries, escalating to tier two and/or customer success teams when required.
- Nurture, support, and process transactional revenue for any lead belonging to our <10 customer segment.
- Triage all inbound sales queries for Small Business (SMB) and Mid-Market (MM) sales teams, routing to the correct team or representative in a timely manner.
- Triage all partner sourced and/or supported sales queries to the correct partner within Pleo’s partner ecosystem, routing to the correct partnership team or external partner.
What We Need From You On The First Day
- A degree OR prior experience working in a call centre environment
- Motivation to take your first steps into a Sales career
- Exceptional people skills. After all, you are the first person that our customers will ultimately meet… first impressions are everything!
- Empathy - lots of it - and a strong inner motivation to support and nurture our customer base.
- Humility. You ask yourself "How can I create and build more value here?" instead of "What's in it for me?”
- Fluent in English & Spanish
What's in it for me?
- Relocation to Lisbon, office perks, celebrations, and team lunches/dinners. You’ll be part of our shiny, new Lisbon commercial hub
- Private health insurance
- Full ‘Pleo’ team onboarding and continuous coaching, we’ll equip you with all the tools you need to hit your targets.
- Flexible benefits package of €2500 per year to spend how you wish!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Trips abroad for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Costa Brava, Spain in September! 🇪🇸
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- 25 days holiday (annual) + public holidays
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)