In November 2020, we launched a mobile application in Côte d'Ivoire with a Visa Card for cash deposit, online and offline payment, peer to peer transfer and transfer to other mobile money wallets. Now, we are enabling thousands of users and are growing very fast. Our goal is to build seamless and affordable banking solutions to bring millions of people into financial inclusion, where less than 25% of the population is banked.
We are backed by world-class investors including Y Combinator Partech, Kima and Norskeen.
To help us grow the business and make significant changes to the way people access excellent financial services and take control of their personal finances, we are actively seeking a bright, talented and motivated person who is enthusiastic about our mission. Our future Brand and Communication Lead.
In this role, you will :
- Create a short-term and long-term strategy across all marketing initiatives including Brand, Product, and Lifecycle marketing functions
- Develop and drive the go-to-market brand strategy for Djamo’s brand & products
- Build and expand upon Djamo’s enduring, engaging, and differentiated brand for our evolving suite products
- Own our brand marketing budget, including oversight of existing spend, business cases for incremental spend and reporting on the impact of investment
- Lead brand campaign development and coordination, driving targeted strategies and messaging across audiences, channels, and cross-functional teams
- Lead our Djamo brand positioning along with a complementary channel strategy that continuously raises the bar on awareness and consideration
- Build and grow a strong neobank brand designed to aid with overall product awareness, familiarity, and usage
- Build and maintain relationships with key thought influencers
- Regularly interface with executive leadership, product, and creative to gain buy-in on brand and marketing strategies
- The profile we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience in brand or growth marketing
- Deep understanding of the cunsumer brands space
- A strong track record of spearheading launches and marketing campaigns that drove significant business results
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence at all levels
- Formidable creative narrative and story-telling skills to position Djamo as a leader in fintech and banking space
- Understanding of money, what it is, and how it’s changing
- An appetite to experiment and use non-traditional marketing tactics, backed up by testing measurable and scalable programs that you’ll optimize and launch based on learnings
- Highly collaborative leadership skills and a proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams to meet common goals and objectives
- Proven track record of delivering results & ability to manage a portfolio/make strategic choices to maximize impact
- Project management, prioritization skills & ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of development
- A self-starter with ability to work with a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional project & time management skills
- Strong execution, communication & strategic thinking skills, business savvy and an opportunity seeker
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve them based on sound business judgmen
The benefits of working at Djamo
- Health insurance with 90% coverage
- A stimulating professional environment
- A collaborative work environment with a strong team spirit
- The opportunity to participate in the evolution of a Startup that aims to rapidly expand throughout French-speaking Africa.
- A continuous culture of employee development
Djamo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
Type of contract : Permanent Full time