Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Biologist to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Rocky Mountain Laboratory (RML) in Hamilton, MT.
- Prepare a variety of in vitro and in vivo generated biological samples for biochemical analysis using LC-MS technology.
- Execute LC-MS analysis of in vitro and in vivo generated biological samples.
- Maintain LC-MS equipment including routine QC and cleaning.
- Perform analysis of quantitative and qualitative LC-MS metabolomic data sets.
- Assist in development of new protocols for assessment of metabolic flux in biological samples.
- Prepare reports of data analyses for internal projects and external projects.
- Maintain Laboratory notebook detailing experimental design and outcomes.
- Order reagents required to execute experiments and provide general laboratory upkeep and supplies.
- Track and maintain chemical and consumable inventories associated with LC-MS operation.
- Assist in preparation and writing of manuscripts describing experimental findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presentations.
- Deliver presentations and effectively communicate with other laboratory staff.
- Attend and participate in weekly lab and group meetings, and seminars and conferences as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in biochemical analysis of a wide variety of in vitro and in vivo generated samples for shifts in polar and lipid metabolites.
- Ability to manipulate bacteria including E. coli and attenuated F. tularensis at BSL-2.
- Ability to maintain LC-MS equipment.
- Ability to analyze metabolic profiles obtained from LC-MS analysis of biological samples.
- Ability to generate new protocols for assessment of metabolites by LC-MS.
- Experience with chemical extraction instrumentation and knowledge to keep machine in good working order.
- Ability to assist in preparation and writing manuscripts describing research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with intramural and extramural colleagues.
- Familiar with pertinent scientific literature.
- Ability to follow physical laboratory space policies and other guidelines to conduct experiments with safety and biosafety standards.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact: Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.