Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, EyeSouth Partners (“EyeSouth”) is an eye care physician services organization committed to partnering with leading physicians to build a premier network of eye care services in throughout the Southeast. EyeSouth’s partner practices’ clinical mission is to provide high quality medical and surgical specialty eye care. EyeSouth supports its affiliated practices and physician partners with capital, administrative resources, operating expertise, and strategic guidance with an absolute focus on clinical quality and a patient-first culture.
EyeSouth’s affiliate network currently consists of over 95 doctors practicing at 60+ locations throughout Kentucky, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, and Louisiana. EyeSouth is experiencing tremendous growth due to favorable organic growth trends and an impressive track-record of successful affiliations (M&A).
We are actively recruiting for an open position of Full Time Medical Billing Specialist at our Affiliate, MidWest Eye Center in the Tri-State area. If you wish to join a growing team with favorable benefits and perks, while contributing to a best in class organization, please apply with your resume.
Charge Entry/Payment Posting:
- Verify accuracy on all patient encounter forms.
- Accurately input all charges related to the physician’s professional services into the practice management system. All charge batches should balance in both number of procedures and total dollar.
- Accurately post all payments received for physician’s professional services into the practice management system. All payment batches must be balanced in both their dollar value of payments and adjustments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality. Able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact using excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills with patients and co-workers.
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and skills.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the office.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic math and modern office procedures
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year of related experience and/or training.
- Strong knowledge of billing and coding.
- Knowledge of contracted insurance plans.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Midwest Eye Center offers a competitive benefits package to its employees:
• Medical• Dental• Vision• 401k w/ Match• HSA/FSA• Telemedicine (100% company paid)• EAP (100% company paid)• Group Life/AD&D (100% company paid)• STD (100% company paid)• LTD (100% company paid)• Generous PTO Package• 7.5 Paid Holidays• Flexible Scheduling• Employee Discounts and Perks