Bilingual Technical Support Representative - Part Time
- Call Center – No evenings, no weekends!
- 3-4 shifts a week, flexible between 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (ideal shift 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)
As a Canon Canada team member, you will assist our customers with technical solutions such as troubleshooting network setups, port settings, and Wi-Fi connections for our at-home printers, small office copiers, scanners, and camera products. You'll be Canon’s brand ambassador and the first point of contact for our customers. You will work to identify and problem-solve each customer's unique inquiry and direct them to an appropriate solution, ensuring that every case is a positive experience.
We are excited to offer a new and adaptive way of working that provides flexibility in the workforce while maintaining operational readiness! By blending remote and in-office work, we are able to take advantage of the independence and flexibility that comes with working from home, and the collaboration, teamwork and sense of belonging that comes from working together face-to-face. Our Workstyle Program offers the best of both situations: structure and sociability with independence and flexibility.
- Provide consumer product and technical support via telephone and email
- Define, diagnose and troubleshoot consumer product problems
- Assist customers with clear communication and step-by-step solutions
- Follow appropriate escalation process of unresolved issues
- Offer upgrades and pre-sales assistance when applicable
- Update CRM database with detailed information regarding customer inquiries
- Achieve monthly KPIs and metrics, such as Call Handle Time and Abandon rates
- Adhere to established quality assurance guidelines for all customer inquiries
To Succeed, You Will Need
- French and English proficiency
- 1-year experience in a call center or customer service environment
- Analytical skills to assess multiple situations and perspectives, and arrive at an appropriate solution for the customer
- Strong computer and technical skills to troubleshoot driver installations and products
- Ability to organize time, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet KPIs
- Proven customer relations skills with professional and courteous telephone manner
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Canon is committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.
- By monitoring public health conditions and following local COVID-19 guidelines, we are taking necessary precautions and putting the safety of our employees and candidates first. A critical component of our workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and must provide Canon with proof of vaccination or undergo regular COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Screening in order to access the workplace. Canon will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office Mondays and Wednesdays each week, with the ability to work from home for the remainder of the week (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance)
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools
- Free coffee and snacks
- On-site cafeteria and outdoor patio
- Employee gym and fitness centre
- Employee referral program
- Inspire Program, online peer-to-peer recognition for redeemable points on hundreds of products.
- Community involvement