The Senior Data Engineer Consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Be a member of the technical staff building solutions for the business
- Design, implementation, testing, debugging, performance tuning, documentation, validation, and support of analytical solutions
- Translate business requirements into analytical solutions
- Analyze, model and wrangle data and files to prep for utilization
The Senior Data Engineer Consultant should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Excellent SQL and Python skills
- Experience with Spark programming language(s)
- Experience with Docker/containerization
- Expertise in designing efficient Data Models
- Experience with ETL/ELT and familiarity of Data Warehouse concepts
- Experience with Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Lambda, Glue, Athena, etc.
- Knowledge of API-based integration and security (Restful and SOAP)
- Knowledge of IAM roles, Policies, etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Ability to learn fast and translate data into actionable results
- Excellent written and communication skills with client stakeholders
- Experience with JSON Programming
- Experience developing and supporting scalable data pipelines
- Solid Linux programming skills
- Experience with AWS Glue
- Experience building Data Platforms, Data lakes and Business Intelligence solutions
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- Master’s or PhD in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- An experienced professional will have at least 6 years of professional experience in a data related role with a Master’s Degree or 8 years of experience in a data related role with a Bachelor’s degree