Great agile project managers love the thrill of delivering a project through:
- Discovering the real business value to be delivered
- Coordinating a team and removing impediments to their success
- Supporting and guiding the customer's product owner as they seek to deliver their vision
- Finding ways to deliver better all the time
This is a key role in the organisation as you ensure that the team is setup to deliver high quality outcomes to our clients profitably by removing impediments, managing risk, being curious and having fantastic communication. You will deliver bespoke solutions to external clients and contribute to the development of our internal products. You will need a learning mindset and have a passion for helping teams continually improve.
Key result areas:
An Agile Project manager delivers results through:
- Upholding agile processes
- Creating a safe team environment that values participation and individual growth
- Managing customer expectations
- Controlling scope by working with the clients so they understand the pro and cons and trade offs when they make product decisions
- Understanding our clients why and delivering a project that satisfies this
- Listening to our clients and making them feel valued through great communication
- Producing sprint reports and other relevant project documentation
- Active communication and management of risks and issues
- Running project workshops and relevant agile ceremonies
- Managing project resources to meet delivery timeframes
- Supporting our client Product owners through the software development life cycle
- Supporting the Sales team with the elaboration and estimation of new opportunities and the writing of proposals
- Project budget control and invoicing
The Agile Project Manager will:
- Be a proactive communicator with excellent written skills
- Have at least 2 years experience delivering projects in an agile (Scrum) environment
- Be curious and have a passion for learning
- Have formal Agile and Project Management training
- Have experience delivering bespoke software in a client vendor environment
- Have excellent spoken English skills including the ability to present to customers and colleagues
- Demonstrate that they champion the evolution of team processes
This role is based in Hamilton, New Zealand. We work in a collaborative office environment but also valuable hybrid and flexible working. We work on projects internationally, across multiple time zones. Some flexibility to work outside of the normal 9-5 will be required.
We actively encourage diversity and inclusivity in employment.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (a NZ citizen, NZ resident, or with an appropriate working visa).