Looking for your next career move in one of the largest growing industries in the country? TelCom Construction is a turn-key telecommunications contractor hiring a full-time Telecommunications Aerial Inspector.
What will you do?
- Verify completeness, quality and complinace of completed aerial work in the field
- Maintain quality control reports
- Ensure appropriate documentation of work performed
- Coordinate jobs with outside services, such as subcontractors, and management
- Call in or email locates as needed
- Verify accuracy of locates, materials
- Look into permits for any special instructions and communicate them with the crew/sub
- Support Supervisors and Foremen to monitor and enforce all company and outside required safety policies and procedures
- Monitor and complete the necessary paperwork regarding employee accidents and injuries, in conjunction with Safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous aerial telecommunications work experience
- Knowledge of established aerial cable installation quality indicators and requirements
- Ability to climb telephone poles and work in a bucket truck and work aloft and climb poles up to 40 feet as needed
- Exceptional organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills and problem solving skills
- Must have knowledge of quality processes and be familiar with a variety of safety programs
- Must be proficient with Google Suite, database software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable working independently as well as on a team with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and customers
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required
- Class A CDL is a plus (Higher wage scales apply to CDL holders)
- Travel may be required
Benefits and Company Summary
Why Should You Apply:
- Paid lodging and per diem when overnight travel is required
- Company vehicles for business use
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, Life and AD&D, Short and Long-term disability insurance, Legal, both traditional and ROTH 401k retirement plans with company match, Company stock purchase program and tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- 7 paid annual Holidays
- Advancement opportunities, including ongoing training opportunities, for individuals demonstrating an aptitude and drive to expand their skill base as well as the determination and positive attitude to progress their career
TelCom Construction is a full service, turnkey telecommunications utiliyt contractor with a growing market presence within the industry. Headquartered in Clearwater, MN and with locations throughout the Upper Midwest, our focus on midwestern values and continuously delivering a quality product with attention to safety, integrity and customer satisfaction has driven our success.
TelCom is proud to be an EEO/AA and Veteran-Friendly employer!
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our career page at www.telcomconstruction.com/careers.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.