Community: The Avenues of Fort Bend (TAFB)
Address: 3505 FM 1092, Missouri City, TX
Add some Passion to your career!
The focal point of the Activity Director role is outgoing, friendly, and warm interaction with a wide range of people. This position requires great attentiveness to others; the ability to read other people, to listen to them, and to empathize with them. In this role, it is very important to connect, to quickly form relationships, and to use those relationships to create an engaging environment for all.
Activity Director Job Profile
- Developing and pursuing a fresh and varied schedule of meaningful activities and events.
- Preparing monthly newsletter and calendars for distribution to all residents and families.
- Educating, training, and encouraging team members about opportunities to make meaningful connections.
- Gathering information to compile a biography on each person who moves in.
- Meeting and greeting each person upon move-in to welcome them and their family and friends to the Community.
- Arranging for community groups to come into the Community.
- Decorating the common areas for special events and holidays.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and manages budget.
Activity Director Job Requirements
- Willingness to obtain Company-sponsored Activity Director certification as required by state regulations.
- Compassionate spirit, flexibility, and a lively enthusiasm for working with the elderly.
- High level of ability in effective and succinct communication, written and oral with residents, families, staff, vendors, and the public.
- Valid driver’s license. Must be willing to undergo a background and motor vehicle registry check as a condition of employment.
Benefits of working at a Civitas Senior Living community:
- Full Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, & More!
- Tuition Reimbursement & Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Referral Incentives
- Consistent Schedules with Flexible Time-Off Options
Did you know?
Civitas Senior Living is a Certified™ Great Place to Work! 90% of our employees say that their work has special meaning and that it is not “just a job”.
Our Mission Statement:
Passionate Service. Passionate Cleanliness. Passionate Care.
*As a condition of employment at a Civitas Senior Living community, all new hires will be asked to complete a screening process as required by state regulations. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of this process. Full job description is available upon request. Residency within the State that this Community/Location operates in is a condition of employment.